It’s that time of year again. The time when goals are set and resolutions are declared. You may head into the new year with good intentions, yet still be unclear on how to actually reach your goals. I am here to help!
I have teamed up with Kohl’s again for their “Make Your Move” campaign, and this time I’ve got a printable that will help you to not only make your move but to reach your goals at the same time.
What is the Make Your Move Campaign All About?
The Make Your Move campaign focuses on four cornerstones that are essential for overall health and well being:
- Healthy eating
- Stress management
The beauty of this campaign is that it can be incorporated into your daily life. You don’t have to become a professional bodybuilder – just make simple changes in your life.
Small changes, such as playing a game of tag with your kids after school or reaching for a healthy snack, can help you make your move and reach your goals.
My Goals This Year
2015 was an amazing year for me. I learned so much about myself! One thing I have realized is that I am a natural helper. However, I don’t spend nearly enough time helping myself.
This year is the year that I make Danielle a priority. That means getting more sleep and really managing my stress. I foresee making lots of trips to Kohl’s to buy candles (I am addicted to those Sonoma Pure Cotton candles).
My Top Goals for the Year:
- Get to bed no later than 1 am (no more 5 and 6 am bedtimes)
- Take pleasure in the little things
- Learn to relax and disconnect from technology
- Make fitness a fun family activity (emphasis on fun)
- Introduce new and exciting recipes to my son ( regardless of what he thinks, pizza and cheeseburgers are not acceptable for every meal)
- Eat more fresh fruit
How Can You Reach Your Goals?
Now you may be wondering exactly how you can make your move. That is why I created the Make Your Move printables, which you can download for free below.
I find that when it comes to successfully reaching your goals, writing them down and checking them off is so helpful.
Don’t forget to hang them where you can see them! I suggest on your fridge or on a board that is in clear view. That way, you have a visual reminder each day.
Year In Review – In order to reach your goals, you have to know where you came from. Use the Year In Review sheet to have a record of your progress last year.
- Add a picture and your stats. That way you can look at them later to see how far you have come.
- Take some time to think about your wins from last year and then list the top 3 for health and fitness.
- Write down the biggest obstacle you faced when it came to your health, fitness, and well being.
- Think of one workout that you truly enjoyed and list it.
- What was your go-to motivational quote last year? Put it in the space.
- Finally, sum up 2015 in one sentence.
Now that you’ve put your year in review, it is time to look to the future.
Goals Tracker- When it comes to goals, I am big on breaking them down into smaller and more manageable pieces. Your main goal may be to lose weight, tone up, or have more energy. However, what goes on the tracker are the habits you need to form to reach that goal.
- Add your motivation. This doesn’t have to be a quote, but it does need to be your reason for wanting to make changes in your life. Ask yourself “Why am I doing this?”. I often tell people that when you feel like quitting, refer back to your ‘why’. It can motivate you to keep pushing forward.
- In the boxes, put different fitness, nutrition, sleep, and stress management habits that will help you reach your goals.
- Every single day you do something that is listed on your goals tracker, mark it off. Try to accomplish something in each category daily.
- Reward yourself for all of your victories. Create small milestones and associate a small reward with each one.
30 Day Challenge – Who doesn’t love a challenge? The 30 Day Challenge has something new you can do every single day for the next 30 days to make your move. Repeat as many times as you want.
Reach Your Goals and Inspire Others
Now that you are on your way to making your move and reaching your goals, be sure to share your journey. Use the hashtag #MakeYourMove to share pictures along the way.
Those very pictures and updates can serve as inspiration to others. No matter where you are in your journey, you have the power to inspire others who may not have even started yet.
What are your goals for the new year? How do you plan to make your move?
This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of Kohl’s.
Never Miss A Freebie
Each month we send out a very special email with free printables. Periodically you will also get special discounts for the shop.